1. Why are you running for township Council? Why now?
While Mayor and Council have accomplished a lot in my tenure on council there is always some more that needs to be addressed. I look forward to the challenges ahead knowing that my experience and knowledge will benefit the resident of Evesham.
2. What other boards or organizations have you been part of and how have these experiences prepared you to be a council member?
I have dedicated much of my time to founding and developing the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) YAC is dedicated to nurturing the next generation of leaders here in Evesham. I have also served as a member of the Evesham Township Environmental Commission and Municipal Alliance. My best experience for being a councilwoman is that I have served on municipal council for 2 terms.
3. What do you think are the top issues facing Evesham and how would you address them?
Property taxes are the top issue that I hear about when I talk to Evesham residents. While residents have provided a positive response to everything we are doing in Evesham they ask us to continue to work to keep property taxes low. One of the biggest challenges we will face over the next four years is ensuring that we continue our commitment to public safety and other important township programs while also keeping our municipal taxes under control. School safety continues to be a top issue for our residents. I am proud that I was part of the team that pushed for the initial funding to put police officers in our schools. We will continue to work with all stakeholders to ensure that we keep our children safe. Finally, Evesham continues to be a destination for new and interesting business and retail to locate. I am also proud of our efforts to bring a diverse business community to Evesham, which helps our community continue to be South Jersey’s number one town.
4. Describe a time when you had a conflict or a conflicting view or opinion with someone you work with. How did you handle it? What was the result?
I treat people the way I expect to be treated – with kindness and respect.
5. How are you funding your campaign?
Through local fundraisings events.
6. How can voters learn more about you and your campaign?
On Facebook: Evesham Lower Tax Team - m.me/eveshamlowertaxteam and our website: http://eveshamlowertaxteam.com